The 5th Annual Chi Fan for Charity will take place on Saturday, November 14th 2015. Shanghai’s largest culinary charity event, which has been organized by Austen Morris Associates since 2011 is proud to announce its partner organizers the Dragon Group Asia, The Good Agency Asia, and Event Bank.
Since 2009, the event has grown year after year, gaining momentum, kudos and successfully raising an impressive amount of funds for various beneficiaries. Last year in Shanghai, 55 of the city’s top restaurants donated meals to over 500 dining guests raising over 300,000 RMB. The event takes place annually in Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong. To date, the event has raised a combined total of over 3.8 million RMB for 18 diverse charities. Looking ahead, the Chi Fan for Charity concept was recently registered in the US as 501(c)3 called Foodie Philanthropy and is set to take place in Washington DC, Singapore, Manila and Taiwan by November, 2016.
Chi Fan for Charity (CFFC) takes place at various renowned restaurants across the city on the same night. Participating restaurants donate a table of 10 each, providing a minimum 500 RMB value meal. Each table is hosted by one of Shanghai’s movers and shakers. They invite their influential network of celebrities, cross industry business professionals, managing directors, and other key opinion leaders in our community. Each guest simply pays the set price at their restaurant (500-1500RMB), which covers the three-course meal, beverage pairings as well as entrance to our blowout After party. Post-dinner, all hosts, guests, and sponsors unite at one location to compare stories on their wonderful meals, enjoy live music and dancing, compete in a raffle and silent auction all the while enjoying access to our open bar – all donated to charity!
100% of dinner ticket sales are go directly to the 2015 charity beneficiaries including:
- Home Sweet Home has the vision to provide a brighter future to individuals with special needs by equipping them with the education and skills needed to fulfill their potential in the community.
- Stepping Stones provides English training to disadvantaged youth to improve the education and general welfare of disadvantaged children in China.
- The World Academy for the Future of Women engages women in discovering their purpose and passion in life, working to inspire, inform and instruct them in finding their path to success.
We are pleased to announce currently confirmed 2015 participating restaurants: NAPA Wine Bar and Kitchen, M on the Bund, Prego at the Westin Bund Center, MAYA and Mayita, Bali Bistro, Urban Thai, Luccio’s, el Willy, Urban Thai, Azul, Beer Grdn, Light & Salt Daily, Happy Buddha, Mr Willis, Bang By Mr Willis, Henkes, Goga, Calypso Restaurant & Lounge, Sumerian Coffee, The Cut, The Commune Social and many more to come.
Please read the below details on the impact that was made possible through our partners at last year’s annual event:
- Heart to Heart Shanghai used the funding to cover more than four heart surgeries to needy children with CHD heart conditions.
- Educating Girls of Rural China (ERGC) was able to sponsor 20 young women to attend 10th grade in Yuzhang County, Gansu Province.
- Shanghai Young Bakers (SYB) covered all costs for 30 students semester long study including Chinese pastry lessons, tuition fees, ingredients and an official certification as a French Baker from the Chinese Government.
We are looking to create a greater impact this year with regard to restaurant participation, guest participation, exposure and funds raised. With your involvement we can make this happen, together. There is a way for everyone in our community to contribute:
- To host a table: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cffchostatable
- To join as a restaurant: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cffcrestaurant
- To be an after party sponsor: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cffcauctionraffle
- To be a media sponsor: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cffcmedia
- To be a volunteer: send an email to email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you at The 5th Annual Chi Fan for Charity Shanghai
Please stay up to date by following us on social media:
- Like us on Facebook
- Join our Linked In Group
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on WeChat: chifanforcharity_sh