We are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting the information you give to us. Austen Morris Associates strives to protect you, the customer, by adhering to the following principles:
For Your Benefit
In order to provide investment products and services that best suit your needs, we may collect the following nonpublic personal information about you:
Information provided by you on account applications and other forms, such as your name, address and telephone number.
Information from your interactions with Austen Morris Associates, such as account inquiries by mail, e-mail, or telephone, or your entry of information into our interactive tools and on our web site.
Information about your transactions with us or others, such as your account number and balance, transaction history, cost basis information, and other financial information.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties except as directed by law. In order to service your account and to effect transactions that you request or authorize, we may provide your nonpublic personal information to companies that perform administrative or marketing services on our behalf.
We require these outside companies to protect the confidentiality of your information and to use the information only for the purpose for which the disclosure is made.
We restrict access to your nonpublic personal information to our employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. Furthermore, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your nonpublic personal information.
Austen Morris Associates will not collect personally identifiable information about you through our web sites except when you agree to provide it.
Austen Morris Associates’ web site may contain links to other web sites. Austen Morris Associates is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these web sites.
PRIVACY NOTICE – PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT (“POPIA”)
We understand that your personal information is important to you and that you may be apprehensive about disclosing it. Your privacy is just as important to us and we are committed to safeguarding and processing your information in a lawful manner.
We also want to make sure that you understand how and for what purpose we process your information. If for any reason you think that your information is not processed in a correct manner, or that your information is being used for a purpose other than that for what it was originally intended, you can contact our Information Officer.
You can request access to the information we hold about you at any time and if you think that we have outdated information, please request us to update or correct it.
|Our Information Officer’s Contact Details|
|Name||Westley Van Rooijen|
Austen Morris Associates Africa
1st Floor AMA Africa House, The Braes Office Park, 193 Bryanston Drive, Bryanston, Sandton, 2191
The Organisation is an authorised financial services provider with FSP nr 43758. We render financial services in the following product categories:
|1.01||A & IS||Long-Term Insurance : Category A|
|1.02||A & IS||Short-Term Insurance : Personal Lines|
|1.03||A & IS||Long-Term Insurance : Category B1|
|1.20||A & IS||Long-Term Insurance : Category B2|
|1.21||A & IS||Long-term Insurance Subcategory B2-A|
|1.22||A & IS||Long-term Insurance Subcategory B1-A|
|1.23||A & IS||Short-term Insurance Personal Lines A1|
|1.04||A & IS||Long-Term Insurance : Category C|
|1.05||A & IS||Retail Pension Benefits|
|1.06||A & IS||Short –Term Insurance: Commercial Lines|
|1.07||A & IS||Pension Funds Benefits (excluding retail)|
|1.14||A & IS||Participatory interests in Collective Investment Schemes|
|1.18||A & IS||Deposits defined in the Banks act – 12 months or less|
|1.16||A & IS||Health Service Benefits|
|1.10||A & IS &S||Debentures and Securitised debt|
|1.08||A & IS & S||Shares|
|1.09||A & IS & S||Money Market Instruments|
|1.10||A & IS & S||Debentures and Securitized Debt|
|1.11||A & IS & S||Warrants, Certificates and other Instruments|
|1.13||A & IS & S||Derivative Instruments|
|1.26||A & IS & S||Participatory Interest in Hedge Funds|
The source of collection of your personal information:
We collect personal information directly from the following data subjects:
- Prospective clients who enquire about our financial services
- Clients who have appointed the representative as their broker
- Policyholders who enter into a policy with an insurer via the Organisation
Personal information is collected directly from you through the completion of application forms and regulatory compliance forms. These forms are completed either electronically or in hard copy. You may also be requested to provide your personal information during your consultation with a representative.
We may also collect information about you from other sources such as external third parties and from cookies on our website.
Law authorising or requiring collecting of the personal information:
As an authorised financial services provider, we are obligated in terms of the following legislation to collect your personal information insofar as it relates to the rendering of the relevant financial services to you:
- Financial Advisory and Intermediaries Services Act 37 of 2002;
- Financial Intelligence Centre Act 38 of 2001;
- Insurance Act 18 of 2017;
- Short-Term Insurance Act 53 of 1998;
- Long-Term Insurance Act 52 of 1998;
- Medical Schemes Act
Purpose for Processing your Information:
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information mainly to provide you with access to the services and products that we provide. We will only process your information for a purpose you would reasonably expect, including:
- Complying with the obligations contained in the contract concluded between yourself and the FSP
- Providing you with advice, products and services that suit your needs as requested
- To verify your identity and to conduct credit reference searches
- To issue, administer and manage your insurance policies
- To process insurance claims and to take recovery action
- To notify you of new products or developments that may be of interest to you
- To confirm, verify and update your details
- To comply with any legal and regulatory requirements
Some of your information that we hold may include, your first and last name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, your title, birth date, gender, occupation, qualifications, past employment, residency status, your investments, assets, liabilities, insurance, income, expenditure, family history, medical information and your banking details.
Some of the aforementioned personal information may be mandatory to provide within the context of product providers’ underwriting requirements and disclosures.
Failing to provide compulsory information may lead to our organisation’s inability to carry out the functions necessary to perform as an authorised financial services provider.
Third parties and your personal information
We may need to share your information to third parties provide advice, reports, analyses, products or services that you have requested. Where we share your information, we will take all precautions to ensure that the third party will treat your information with the same level of protection as required by us.
These third parties may include:
- Your employer (where applicable);
- The Compliance Officer of the organisation (where applicable);
- Analytics and search engine providers assisting in the enhancement of our websites;
- Information Technology specialists assisting us with data storage, security, processing, analytics, etc;
- Auditors of the Organisation;
- Regulatory or governmental authorities such as the Financial Sector Conduct Authority and the Prudential Authority;
- If you have entered into a Short-Term Insurance: Commercial Lines Policy, Short-Term Insurance: Personal Lines Policy, Long-Term Insurance Policy, Pension Fund, Short-Term and Long-Term Deposits Products, Investments and Health Services Benefits. the Organisation may share your information as part of its statutory and reporting obligations with:
|Liberty and Stanlib|
|Investec/Ninety One Asset Management|
The Transfer of your personal information outside of the Republic of South Africa
Your information may be hosted on servers managed by a third-party service provider, which may be located outside of South Africa. The third-party service providers are located in:
- Hong Kong
We confirm that the level of protection afforded to your personal information by that third country or international organisation is equal to the protection afforded by the POPI Act.
Complaints and objections
As a data subject, you have the right to –
- Request that we confirm, free of charge, whether or not we hold personal information about you;
- Request that we provide you with a description of the personal information we hold about you, and to explain why and how it is being processed (please complete Annexure A);
- Request that we consider your objections to the processing of your personal information (please complete Annexure B);
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator (please complete Annexure B).
The Information Regulator
In the event that your personal information has not been processed in accordance with the POPI Act and the principles set out above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
For further information regarding the complaints process, please visit the website of the Information Regulator, as indicated below.
Alternatively, you may contact the Information Regulator for further assistance:
The Information Regulator: Adv Pansy Tlakula
Physical Address: JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001